Thursday, October 07, 2004

i'm with yasser...

The other night, Ryan and I met at Liverpool Lil's for drinks. Instead of watching the debates, we got drunk and caused scenes with our loudness. Liverpool Lil's was a favorite hangout of both of our grandparents, Bob and Joanne. Ryan was particularly close with my grandfather, Bob and I adored his Grandma Joanne. Every few months, we bring flowers to them at the cemetery, and then go to Lil's. The family has taken to finding this charming and thus, joining us for dinner. It's our little tradition, and we've got it down to a science. Ryan and I show at Lil's at 6, but tell our respective parents to show at 8. They then cover our bar tab AND buy us dinner. Genius.
Tuesday was particularly special, as Ryan was presenting my family with the gifts he purchased us in the Middle East, where he's been fighting off insurgents for the past few months. Ryan decided to get my dad and entire Arab sheik outfit, complete with the dishtowel on the head with the rope around it. Dad actually put it on the middle of Lil's, to the horror of everyone, he looked just like Yasser Arafat. Seriously.
Now, if my grandfather was still alive, Ryan would've gotten him the same thing, and I think it's safe to say, Bob woulda put everything on andwandered around Lil's speaking in mock-Arabic to strangers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you ever seen RS and Arafat at the same time?
Hmmmmmm......

Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info » »