Thursday, August 05, 2004

leaving on a jet plane...

I'm getting excited. In 27 hours, I'll be on a plane bound for Shanghai. Red China. The People's Republic. Oppressors of Tibet. Makers of knock-off designer bags. China. Similar to Home Alone, mom and pop are flying Business Class and Alex and I are waitlisted. If we can't upgrade, we'll fly 12 and a half hours in steerage, with the goats and the chickens. Do they even have seatbelts back there? Although, my beloved sibling pointed out that at least the booze is free on international flights. (He's his mother's son.) I have been an indentured servant to any miles plus program, and have thus been able to upgrade consistently. I think the last time I flew coach, the inflight movie was Dick Tracy. (Speaking of which, as a nerdy aside, did you know that Benicio Del Torro's "Fenster" in The Usual Suspects was an homage to Dustin Hoffman's "Mumbles" in Dick Tracy?)
A little business to attend to, as this is my form of communication to everyone I know.
1. Bonnie has our contact info. If someone dies, tell her and she'll tell us.
2. We sent out the Evite for our huge Anniversary Extravaganza. If you read this, you're so invited. Email me and I'll add you to the list.
3. The next time you hear from me, I'll be in China, filling you in on the hilarity, tragedy, and constant fighting that makes up Spotswood Family International Travel. I hope mother packed the Vallium.
No one's allowed to have any fun while I'm gone.

Beth Spotswood has left the country...


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I call Vitamin V first class in a pill.

Spots said...

I call Cabernet first class in a glass...

Anonymous said...

I hope you get upgraded. I can't imagine having to fly with the peasants people in coach. It must disgust you.

Avoid getting SARS. And the clap.

Anonymous said...

say "hi" to my in laws.
kg

Anonymous said...

I've been reading your blog and it sounds
like the ramblings of a profesional alcoholic.
you need to get a job, you goddamn hippie !

Anonymous said...

beth=hippie......heheheh yeah.

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... Toronto internet advertising nl 99 Bingo free game now play Glandular breast enhancement Double dong dildo Newspaper business insurance loop start telephone lines in alarm systems http://www.effexor-withdrawal.info/Keyword-wellbutrin-side-effect-boards-ppc-se.html