Saturday, July 31, 2004

flashbacks...

When you're housesitting, there's a whole library of music and books that you want to try out. This evening, while going through their CD collection, I came across Carly Simon's Anticipation album. I haven't heard this album since I was a little kid running around Sea Ranch, and all of a sudden, my childhood is flooding back. This is surprisingly intense. I'm trying to get ready to go out, but quite frankly, I don't want my ride to show up because I need to re-experience this album. Seriously. I'm about to cry.
It's a sad day in the life of Beth when I'd rather spend a Saturday night making a fire and listening to Carly Simon instead of hitting the town with my friends. They'd never let me get away with it, but secretly, it's what I really want to do.
I know you all think I have shitty taste in music, and fuck you very much by the way. But do yourself a favor and get this album.
Fuck. I need a hankie.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.youhavebadtasteinmusic.com/

Spots said...

Yeah, I get it. I know. I'm aware. I went to the website. And like totally like all those bands. I have bad taste in music. The planet collectively agrees. Plus, I announce it with frequency. What amazes me is how much self-esteem people derive from being snobby about music. Not books, not movies, just music. Who decided that? Fuck you, you tool. Just for that, I'm going to dance around the house singing The Right Stuff. Oh, and every time I look at your sorry ass, I'm appalled by your apparel. Who cares what you listen to? You dress like a junior college drop out from Sheboygen.

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... »